Thursday, January 5, 2012

The Sound of Music:

Why pamper life´s complexities when the leather room smut for the passenger seat?*
Without music, my life would be really boring, monotone, unpleasant, and all the adjectives that you can use to describe that something isn´t working.
Most of my childhood memories are related to music: When I was four or five years old I used to sing songs from Abba, Cyndi Lauper, The Carpenters, and other songs that my eldest brother listened. During the rest of my childhood and including my preadolescence I spent a lot of time watching musical videos or listening to the radio (particularly a radio “Punto 9”, a FM radio from San Fernando). But I realized the importance of music in my life just when I was a teenager. I started listening to Nirvana, Radiohead, Placebo, The Smashing Pumpkins and other bands that helped me to bear that strange phase. I would lie you if I tell you that I´ve never thought in learn to play some musical instrument, specially guitar, indeed  I have always admire the way that it sounds and the attitude that musicians have when they are playing it, but I´ve never taken the initiative, anyway never too late.
Actually my favorite band is The Smiths, a Britain band from the eighties. The beginning quote was taken from its first hit, and it calls you to enjoy life, in the ironical Morrissey´s way.
*This Charming Man/ The Smiths.

0 comments:

Post a Comment