Friday, December 23, 2011

TV and Movies:

I am a cinema lover. I love classic films, art cinema, documentaries, and a big etcetera.
I select the movies that I watch considering its director. My favourites directors are Stanley Kubrick, David Lynch, Darren Aronofsky, Gus van Sant, Lars von Trier, Sofia Coppola  and Xavier Dolan.
 I like A Clockwork Orange,  The Shining (they both of Kubrick), Mulholland Drive, Blue Velvet (writed and directed by David Lynch), Requiem for a Dream, Black Swan (Darren Aronofsky), My Own Private Idaho (Gus van Sant), Dancer in the Dark, Breaking the Waves, Antichrist, Melancholia (Lars von Trier), Lost in Translation, Marie Antoinette, The Virgin Suicides (Sofia Coppola), J'ai tué ma mère and Heartbeats ( Xavier Dolan). Other films that I like are: Trainspotting (directed by Danny Boyle), Billy Elliot (by Stephen Daldry) and Taxi Driver (by Martin Scorsese).
My favourite film is a Clockwork Orange, it drove me crazy when  I was seventeen . I  love its script, the music of Ludwing van Beethoven, its scenes, the colour, the performances, summarazing, I love all the movie. I´m reading the book now (it was writed by Anthony Burgess in 1962), and I think that the film is better, because  although Alex is worst in the novel he change and became a better person, but in the film Kubrick decided to eliminate the last chapter and in my opinion  the result is dramatically better.
If someone made a film about my life it would be a tragicomedy and it would have the best soundtrack ever made, with David Bowie, The Smiths, Lou Reed and a big etc.
I don´t really like television, I think that it burn your brains, even more if you watch chilean TV. The media lie because it´s driven by economic forces. 

 

3 comments:

damc said...

Hi Francisco!
I think that you have a excelent choice, about the cinema, I like the movies from David Lynch and I loved the Black Swan.
And about the Clockwork Orange, this movie made me reborn as a human xD
see you then...

Barbara said...

Dear Francisco:
You know that I like your tastes in movies or music. Even when you show me "Velvet Goldmine", Do you remember?. It was happy times. I'm agree with you about Stanley Kubrik. He is and will be a master of the cinema. Although, I am still young for understand 2001 a Space Odyssey.

Teddy said...

wow Congratulation!
I'd wish watch more films. when a was a "mexon" I went to arts faculty to watch cinema in 8mm I remember see Psicosis by Alfred Hitchcock and other films in french and russian languaje.

could you reccomended me another better films to watch this weekend please?

you have a nice new year!
Teddy!

Post a Comment